Wednesday, 25 August 2010 12:49
Why enter into Politics?
To enforce purity and honesty in Government and to work for the development of departments to serve the people.
To develop a new culture in politics and to seek expert opinion for an effective administration.
Status of Society Today
Politics today is favouring only influential people in Society. Politics has become a profession with selfishness and the vote bank. People have lost confidence over politics and politicians. Police Department have gone astray because of pressure from politicians. Educational Opportunities are denied to the students. Farmers and weavers suffer in life. Even after 60 years of independence, we are yet to develop our society. Health has gone to the private sector. Employment opportunities are scarce. Addiction to drink has spoiled several families. Communal problems have become perennial. People continue to remain backward.
Individuals are not accountable for the corruption in our Society. Government should maintain law and order in Society.
Quality education should be provided free of cost. Education should remain under Government jurisdiction and should not be privatized. The standards of Government schools are to be improved considerably. Curriculum should be uniform all over the country. Continuous assessment should replace the current examination system. Teachers training should be provided only in Government Institutions. The higher education is now beyond the reach of the common man. Education should come to the State list. Enough allocations are to be made for Research and Innovations.
Heath is to be given the highest priority. Prohibition is to be effected and tobacco banned. Medical services should remain with the Government. Quality medical assistance should be available at reasonable rates. Medical facilities available in State Capitals should be made available in all District Headquarters also. Indigenous medicine is to be encouraged.
People should live in prosperity and above wants. In fixing agricultural process Government takes care of the interests of the common man only, and hence farmers are neglected. Governmental measures should provided justice to everybody.
The Makkal Sakthi Party believes that the growth of the country is decided by the Private Sector. Government should facilitate economic equilibrium. International Commodity exchange should be facilitated. MSK party supports Globalization, Liberalization and Privatization. We support Mixed Economy.
Government should take steps to prevent corruption in the Trade and Industry. There is necessity for construction of roads, drinking water supply and afforestation.
Education, Health , Police, Law and Order, Justice, Forest, Natural Resources, Soil Health, Social Welfare, Drinking Water, Cooperation and Integration.
Consumer Articles, Cement, Sugar factories, Entertainment Centers, Milk products and Others.
Banks, Transport and Electricity.
Instrumentation of work to Private sector to be minimized. Special Economic Zones to be formed. Due compensation to be given for farmers for the loss of their lands.
Urbanization to be prevented.
Villages to become self sufficient.
Villages to be industrialized.
Marketing facilities to be provided.
Exodus to the Cities to be reduced.
Unorganized sector to be taken care of.
Powers of Center, to dissolve State Legislatures to be removed.
Central Government should not interfere in the State Government Establishment.
Enough financial provisions made to the States.
Concurrent list to be examined and converted to Central and State lists.
- Remove from the clutches of the Government
- Avoid middle men.
- Transport facilities to be improved.
- Provide Storage and processing facilities. at the Government’s expense.
- Develop industries using raw materials at site.
- Regulate interference of Multi Nationals in alternate foods.
- Regulate land ceiling and enhance production
- Encourage Organic Agriculture for a healthy life.
- Examine price policies of Sugar and Rice.
- Technology, Improved implements, Vehicles, International Innovations to be made available to farmers.
- Develop Extension Machinery.
- Introduce labor saving implements.
- Time, price and quantity to be ensured in procurement by the Government.
- Promote Crop Insurance facilities.
- Ensure reforms in Agricultural Prices.
- Facilitate a new Agricultural Revolution.
- Promote Processing and Agricultural Exports to other countries.
- Insist on water management and linking of Rivers.
- Ensure proper utilization of State Irrigational Resources.
- Promote collective Farming.
- Agricultural Credit to be promoted and security provided.
Local Self Government
- Provide more powers to the Panchayats.
- Enforce decisions taken by the Grama Sabha.
- Form Ward committees in Town panchayats, Municipalities and Corporations as well.
- Ensure elections without party affiliations.
- Educational Tax to be utilized only for Education.
- Solid Waste Management to be promoted.
- Improve Audit Procedure.
- Medicine to remain under Government jurisdiction.
- Quality and free Medical care to be provided.
- Medicines to be made available
- State facilities to be provided at District headquarters hospitals also.
- Indigenous medicine to be promoted.
- Prices of medicines to be uniform all over the country.
- Service Centers to function nearer to habitations.
- Reform Service Centers of Revenue, Police, Registration, Road Transport and Judiciary first.
- Create courts in all the 1120 Firkas for quick justice.
- Provide Transparent Administration.
- Evolve new Acts and Rules, for implementation.
- Government Offices to work for all the 365 Days.
- Fix up time limits to for each service provided to the community
- Ensure computerization to prevent corruption.
- Provide reforms to prevent adulteration.,
- Prevent corruption by computerization and providing transparency.
- Provide National Identity Cards
- Acts and Rules to be taught to children in schools.
- Department Rules to be informed to the public
- Reduce time limits to provide services.
- Remove rules which are inconvenient to the public.
- Identify r causes for corruption and remove them.
- Reduce intensity of trades.
- Initiate changes in Government contracts and tenders.
- Make improvements in RTI Act.
- Evolve public monitoring Committees.
- Ensure adequate salaries to discourage corruption.,